Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2002, 06:05 PM
Novice Member

Rott/Lab Mix?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a breeder who offers a Rottweiler/Labrador mix?

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2002, 06:17 PM

I don't know of any breeders that breed to produce mixes on purpose. Usually a mixed breed comes from an accidental breeding, or back yard breeders who don't really care about what dogs they breed as long as they can make a quick buck or two. If you're looking for a certain mix try your local humane society or take a look on Petfinder . Petfinder has many,many dogs both purebred and mixes that are waiting for new homes.
I just went on petfinder an saw 4-5 rott/lab mixes that are in Maryland. Some puppies too.

Here's the link to the puppies

Puppies

Jaime
11 yr. Male DSH - Baxter

Old 12-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Valued Member

Re: Rott/Lab Mix?

Quote:
Originally posted by RottnLab4Her
Hi,Does anyone know of a breeder who offers a Rottweiler/Labrador mix?Thanks.
Why?????

Old 12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Novice Member

Thanks JD102175....

...that's a great site; just what I was looking for. Much appreciated.
;)

Old 12-03-2002, 02:43 PM

Your welcome. Glad I could help.

Jaime
11 yr. Male DSH - Baxter

Old 12-04-2002, 09:33 AM

Re: Re: Rott/Lab Mix?

Quote:
Originally posted by Judi W
Why?????
I'd like to know why too?

Old 12-04-2002, 09:48 AM

Me three.

Here's the other Rott/lab thread going - the attacking dog was actually a Rott/lab mix:
http://www.rottweiler.net/forums/sho...threadid=19665

Royce von der Alten Welt 6.7.2010

Cooper, CGC, CD, TDI, TT, UACH
Daphne the Destructo-Rott
Dutch-man
Bosco the clown
Ajax, my very first Rottweiler in 1985.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:06 AM

Why Not? Just curious as to why everyone seems so offended by that question. Particularly since my dog is a rottweiler/labrador mix. By the way, she is a great dog and smart, with a very sweet and even temperament.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Valued Member

Austin,

There is nothing wrong with owning a mixed breed dog, there are tons of homeless ones out there that would make great pets. Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it's the fact that the original poster was looking for someone who was purposely breeding mixed breed dogs, a.k.a. a back yard breeder (BYB), that disturbed some members here (me included).

Old 12-04-2002, 11:20 AM

Ah, sorry folks. I skipped right over the part where she as asking for a breeder. I simply thought she was looking for a rescue mix.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Valued Member

I can understand why members would want to know why. There is a growing trend of BYB's trying to make rottnlabs and labrarotts or whatever they call them these days. They are trying to make their own breed and ruining both breeds doing it.

I own a Rott lab mix also and let me tell you I would most defiantly prefer the temperament of A purebred Rottweiler or Purebred Labrador. I have a hyper over reactive immature 2 year old that wants to work but cant hold still long enough to realize she doesn't have to retrieve everything....lol.....

Mixing two breeds like the BYB's do can be very dangerouse......this was the purpose behind my dog. the parents bred on purpose because the owner wanted the mix. Thought it would be cool. Out of 8....6 are dead. Three to aggression. Two dumped because they chewed through owners new mobile home and 1 died getting hit by a car.

It takes decades to even come close to making a new breed and these new Labrador Rottweiler breeders make me sick to my stomache....:(

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Last edited by Burnsway; 12-04-2002 at 12:28 PM.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:58 AM
Valued Member

For the hunting enthusiast's, I have heard of 2 people who have had Rott/Lab mixes and they claim that they were very good hunting dogs, if not the best they ever had. Hopefully they were mistakes and not someone trying to create a new hunting breed.:)

Old 12-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roscoe's dad
For the hunting enthusiast's, I have heard of 2 people who have had Rott/Lab mixes and they claim that they were very good hunting dogs, if not the best they ever had. Hopefully they were mistakes and not someone trying to create a new hunting breed.:)
I have heard this often too. About a year ago I pulled up a site with breeders for these mixes. This was one of their claims on why they were doing it.

I need a barf bag now..... Hard to find a good purebred Labrador these days. But boy go to a shelter and tons of Labradoodles and Rottnlabs just waiting for homes....:(

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Old 12-04-2002, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Burnsway
I need a barf bag now..... Hard to find a good purebred Labrador these days. But boy go to a shelter and tons of Labradoodles and Rottnlabs just waiting for homes....:(
Oh - don't forget the Labrador/GSD mixes. Do we call them German Retrievers or Labherd Dogs or Labrador Shepherds??

BTW - dare I ask what a LABRADOODLE is...please please please tell me it's NOT a LAB/POODLE mix :( :(

Old 12-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RottiMomCT

BTW - dare I ask what a LABRADOODLE is...please please please tell me it's NOT a LAB/POODLE mix :( :(
Do you know how to use google search hun? Type that dear old word in and have a barf bag ready. These are very close to being registered......:(

Closed Thread